Our tag line is: "Vibrant world music from all points East"
Other phrases we use include:
- "Rich compelling melodies and tight driving rhythm, five-piece Flatworld play colourful, groove laden world music from the folk traditions of Eastern Europe and beyond."
- "Roots 'n' grooves from Eastern Europe and beyond."
- "Colourful, groove laden and energetic Eastern European tinged music."
- "Eccentric time signatures and catchy tunes."
- "Lively five-piece band with magnificent tunes and kicking rhythm."
- "An exciting five-piece who play a driving, eclectic mix of music from Eastern Europe and beyond"
Rich compelling melodies and tight driving rhythm, five-piece Flatworld will lift your spirits with their groove laden, foot tapping world music from all points East. Songs and tunes from the folk traditions of Eastern Europe and beyond are given a fresh modern treatment that you'll be whistling all the way home.
Distinctive melodies played on saxophone/flute and laúd/mandolin are woven with classically rooted violin harmonies and underpinned by an energetic rhythm section of guitar, bass and drum.
Formed in 2001 to play support to Polish trio Kroke, gigs, festivals and radio followed and the band has been playing continuously ever since. Festivals have included Glastonbury, Hay Literature Festival, The Green Gathering, Three Choirs Festival, Upton upon Severn Folk Festival and Ledbury Poetry Festival.
"Brilliant... like The Ukrainians meet klezmer"
— Genevieve Tudor, BBC Radio Shropshire
"...frank cultural vandalism" — Chris Ryall, melodeon.net
"They are an incredible band, we'll worth travelling to (or with) to see them!" — Barry Walmsley, Dragon Folk Club, Worcester
"Thank you again for such a fantastic performance last night. Everyone absolutely loved it." — Lucy Wilcox, Three Choirs Festival, Worcester
High resolution JPEGs suitable for printing:
You can download our logo in JPEG or PNG formats with various backrounds. Size 3500 × 900 pixels.